CR7: New Al Nassr signing: "My work in Europe is done" despite "many opportunities"


 Cristiano Ronaldo on his move to Saudi Arabia: "My work in Europe is done" Before joining Al Nassr, he had "many opportunities" from other clubs.


After leaving Manchester United following a contentious interview in which he criticized the team, he signed with Al Nassr as a free agent on Friday.


The 37-year-old captain of Portugal stated that clubs in Brazil, Australia, the United States, and Portugal had made offers to him.


At his unveiling on Tuesday, he stated, "I gave my word for this club."


"I won everything, played for Europe's most prestigious clubs, and now it's a new challenge in Asia,"


In a deal that is expected to last until 2025, Ronaldo is reportedly going to receive the highest salary ever paid to a football player—more than £177 million per year.


At his first media conference, Ronaldo told reporters, "As nobody knows, I can say now I had many opportunities in Europe, many clubs in Brazil, Australia, the US, even in Portugal, many clubs tried to sign me."


As he spoke, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner was met with cheers and shouts of his signature "Siu" celebration. He answered a club official's questions but did not take any from reporters.


Ronaldo stated the following regarding his contract with the nine-time Saudi Pro League champions: I'm a one-of-a-kind player, so this contract is normal for me.


I've seen a lot of games, so I know the league is very competitive. If the coach thinks there is a chance, I hope to play after Wednesday. I am prepared to continue playing football.


Rudi Garcia, Al Nassr's head coach, described Ronaldo's acquisition as "fantastic" for Saudi Arabia.


The Frenchman stated, "I've seen that great players like Cristiano are the easiest to manage in my life, because there's nothing I can teach him."


"I want to make Cristiano happy, and that is my goal. He should enjoy playing and winning with Al Nassr, according to my wish.


He posed in his brand-new Al Nassr uniform in front of thousands of fans on the club's field following the press conference.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form